We're very excited that you are interested in the wonderful and exciting field of massage therapy and bodywork! In today’s health conscious society, opportunities for well-trained massage therapists are limitless. From the spa and resort industry to the health care field,to cruise ships to professional sports massage to private practice, you will be entering a vast world of possibilities!
Touching America’s courses of study are practical and effective vocational training programs. They are designed to create successful, professional licensed body workers and to support the learning and personal growth of students. Our basic philosophy is “freedom in learning” within an atmosphere of openness and intelligent inquiry. We teach many different methods and theories of body therapy. Each type of massage is considered a “tool” to be used by the practitioner for the benefit of the client. The profession of massage therapy is growing rapidly, with new and effective techniques emerging through innovative practitioners. We prepare our students to approach the work creatively with the possibility of improving the methods of the past and developing methods for the future.
It has been our mission for more than fifty years to prepare and equip students with necessary skills and knowledge needed to practice massage therapy and to help those seeking employment become gainfully employed in the field of massage therapy.
We realize the time and financial commitment required obtaining a massage license, and we have committed ourselves to provide a structured program taught by qualified professionals, providing outstanding training and an outstanding experience! We know you have a choice, and by choosing Touching America, we make the following commitments to you:
· It is our commitment to give you information you need to make an informed decision about massage schools.
· It is our commitment to provide you with a diverse exposure to massage techniques.
· It is our commitment to provide a challenging curriculum with a thorough background in anatomy and physiology, beyond the requirements of State and Federation Licensure Examinations.
· It is our commitment to challenge you by teaching the body’s foundation, structure and its complex muscle systems. This knowledge enhances the confidence of the massage therapist.
· It is our commitment to help you achieve the confidence to successfully pass the MBLeX Massage Therapy Exam and State Law Examinations.